Inspirations | Postcards from Rome 2021
A few top program memories of the last days in Rome!
1. Weekend trip to Venice: A group of us went to Venice for the weekend. We had a beautiful and memorable Sunday chant mass at St. Mark’s cathedral. It was the most wonderful liturgy that I have had in many years.
2. Meeting with Cardinal Burke: Meeting with His Eminence Cardinal Burke was a true pleasure. I admire him a a zealous defender of the faith whose a genuine love for the people of God and the unity of the Church. He provided insights on ongoing formation during our priesthood and how we must always remain in union with the Successor of Peter.
3. Saint Paul Outside the Walls: While it was my second time going to the Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls, we were privileged to have Mass at the side altar of St. Paul. To be at the tomb of one of the greatest evangelists to ever live is inspiring for my priesthood.
4. Tomb of Blessed Maria Taigi: I had never heard of Bl. Maria Taigi before visiting her tomb. Seeing a stay-at-home Mom on the way to sainthood reminds me of my own mother and how much prayer and effort she put into making sure I was raised in a devout Catholic home. She is a true witness to the universal call to holiness.
5. Meeting at the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith: We had a brief meeting with the disciplinary department of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. We were taught the importance of the CDF and how much they collaborate with other Vatican Congregations in matters of faith and morals to ensure the spread of the authentic faith. It was a very insightful meeting.
Archdiocese of Los Angeles